Some songs I like listening to a lot recently, not got a theme, just some songs. I wonder why I have chosen two tracks with the word 'crooked' in them? Click on a track to download it or there's a link to download it all at the bottom of the page.
Slow Club - It Doesn't Have To Be Beautiful
Saw these guys at 2000trees festival recently and I enjoyed their energy so much, they looked like they were having such a great time on stage and seemed so comfortable there, and with each other. Couldn't put the MP3 up tho, sorry.
The Low Anthem - The Horizon is a Beltway
First heard this track on Steve Lamacq's show on BBC 6 Music and loved the way this track sounds like Tom Waits in full brawlers mode. They have two vocalists so the album is split between the two; the other guy sounds like Sam Beam (Iron & Wine)
Fleet Foxes - Your Protector
Love this track- although after it's been pointed out it's reminiscent of Rawhide you can never go back.
Oceansize - Savant
I find this song makes me go into a kind of trance, and I envisage flying over the sea. I think Oceansize are my favourite band, and have been for a few years now. I give myself neck ache every time I see them live but I think they're about to break up (and break my heart).
Liam Finn - Lead Balloon
Son of Crowed House bloke, this from his second album which is more interesting than the first.
Paul Simon - Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes
This album is one of my all-time favourites, and never fails to make me happy. I love Ladysmith Black Mambazo & saw them once when they rehearsed for an evening concert at St Paul's cathedral. I was stood in the whispering gallery and it was so good it nearly made me go back to Christianity.
Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks
I love the intro piano riff so much it's my ringtone. The retro feel of this makes me think of 50s radio songs and yellowed photographs in diners.
Wave Machines - Keep The Lights On
I can't remember what this song sounds like but I remember I liked it a lot.
Maps - Failure Of Consistency
Ah post-rock noise, brilliant.
Future Of The Left - You Need Satan More Than He Needs You
I love FotL lyrics, funny without being comedic and usually nonsensical. I love the lyric, "small bones, small bodies, where's the harm in being accidently miniaturised?" from the first album. I would like to shout this song at satanists.
Andrew Bird - Nomenclature
Lovely, gentle, summery.
The Acorn - Crooked Legs
Gorgeous
Death Cab For Cutie - Crooked Teeth
The chorus is so catchy it's almost annoying and I dare you not to be singing it for hours after you hear it.
Amplifier - Consultancy
Love the heavy meaty riffs and prog leanings Amplifier create with only a 3-piece band and the most amount of pedals you've ever seen. I found the lead singer's Manchester accent a bit distracting to begin with but now I quite love the fact he doesn't sing like an American.
Marmaduke Duke - Silhouettes (album version)
Wasn't sure of the single edit where this bizarre techno beat has been laid over the top, but the original is special. I like the honesty of the lyrics. I think this is sung by the guy from Sucioperro rather than the Biffy Clyro guy.
Download all tracks as zip files: Part I (39MB) & Part II (37MB)
Wednesday, 29 July 2009
You and I crashland
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment